We invite you to join us at the 24th Annual Wild & Crazy Taco Night on Thursday, April 20th at Share Our Selves in Costa Mesa. More than 25 of Orange County’s most celebrated chefs will join an expected 700 supporters of SOS for a casual evening of beer, margaritas and unique and delicious tacos.
See your favorite OC chefs at their most creative as they compete to come up with the most unusual tacos you’ll see all year, all for a great cause. In 2016, the top-rated taco as chosen by attendees was the Nashville Hot Chicken Taco from Island Hotel’s Chef David Man. Other delectable options included a beef tongue taco from Haven Gastropub’s Chef Greg Daniels, a lamb bacon “PB & J” taco from taco asylum’s Chef Sean Masucci, and a “Bacon & Eggs” taco from Pirozzi Corona del Mar’s Chef Alessandro Pirozzi. All tacos are conceived exclusively for this event and can’t be found anywhere else! Tickets include all-you-can-eat tacos and beverages, including DesMaDre Tequila margaritas and beer from local favorite Barley Forge Brewing Co.
Back by popular demand is the pre-event VIP Party! Participating guests will enjoy early admission and have the opportunity to meet all of the chefs and sample their tacos before the general event begins. The VIP Party has sold out every year.
Proceeds from the event benefit the SOS Food Pantry, which provides critical food security to low-income and homeless Orange County residents. Volunteer and staff drivers collect food from grocery stores, restaurants, bakeries and caterers throughout Orange County and deliver it to SOS. Five days a week, SOS distributes an average of 235 bags of groceries a day to individuals and families in need.
WHEN: Thursday, April 20, 2017
5:30pm – 7:30pm
VIP Pre-Party 4:30pm – 5:30pm
WHERE: Share Our Selves – 1550 Superior Avenue, Costa Mesa, CA 92627
COST: Early Bird General Admission (purchase now through April 2nd) - $75
General Admission (purchased on or after Monday, April 3rd) - $85
VIP Admission $150
ADVANCE SALE ONLY
CONTACT: To purchase tickets, visit www.shareourselves.org/events or call SOS at 949.270.2137.
ORANGE COUNTY’S PREMIERE PARTICIPATING CHEFS
- Franco Barone - il Barone Ristorante
- Shachi Mehra - ADYA
- Paul Buchanan - Primal Alchemy
- Eric Mickle - Orange Hill
- Greg Daniels - Haven Gastropub & Provisions Market
- Andres Miramontes - Sol Cocina
- Adam Feirman - & Carlito Jocson Yard House
- Andrew Monterrosa - TAPS Fish House & Brewery
- Mark Gagnon - Newport Beach Plaza
- Alessandro Pirozzi - Pirozzi Corona del Mar, Alessá Laguna & Mare Culinary Lounge
- Adam Go - Pueblo
- Cory Rapp - The Catch
- Alan Greeley - The Golden Truffle
- Jose Rodriguez - Pete’s Sunset Grille at the Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort & Spa
- Andrew Gruel - SLAPFISH
- Max Schlutz - Sessions West Coast Deli
- Linda Johnsen - Filomena’s Italian Kitchen & Market
- Rainer Schwarz - Driftwood Kitchen & The Deck on Laguna
- Rachel Klemek - Blackmarket Bakery
- Deborah Schneider - & Tia Baker solita tacos & margaritas
- Paul Squicciarini - Culinary Innovation
- David Man - Island Hotel
- Lou Tista - Rasta Taco
Share Our Selves (SOS) is a nationally recognized health center providing high quality, comprehensive safety net services to the Orange County community. Services include: medical and dental care, behavioral health services, case management, food, clothing, financial assistance, legal aid, and seasonal holiday programs.