Follow us on FacebookFollow us on TwitterView our photos on flickr • We pay $10 per published guest review; E-mail Blogger for info.

SPECIAL TOPICS: Taco TuesdayDisneylandMenudo

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Taco Rosa October 2008 Specials

TacoRosaOctoberSpecials
Above photo by longtime blog confidante Joy

I had somebody write to me recently and ask why I haven't put up a report about the specials for the month of October at Taco Rosa. In September of last year both Taco Rosas began a monthly specials program that would feature a soup, a couple of entrees, and a dessert that would be available for that month and I reported on each month. When September of this year came around some of the items were the same as before and some of the items were different but it was all stuff I'd seen before. This is actually good because it means I get to have some stuff again that was not available for a year but at the same time I didn't know if it'd make a unique enough entry to post here.

But since somebody asked about it I don't mind pointing out what they have for October and when November comes I'll see how to handle it then.

So, before the month is up you should get to either of the two Taco Rosas and try their pozole verde de mariscos, loaded with hominy, shrimp, lobster, and mussels:

DSCF4808

The special entree for the month are the halibut fajitas in a yellow mole sauce:

DSCF4809

While the special dessert for the month is the excellent tres leches cake:

DSCF4935

2 comments:

joy said...

I was pretty excited that they're repeating some of their specials, because I thought that this is where I first had chile en nogada -- didn't I? But now I don't see it listed in any of the past Taco Rosa posts. Do you remember it?

ChristianZ said...

Yeah, you're right but now I can't find where it's mentioned on the site. They did have it as a one-off daily special recently and maybe they'll bring it back in December as it's seen as somewhat of a Christmas dish.