Follow us on FacebookFollow us on TwitterView our photos on flickr • We pay $10 per published guest review; E-mail Blogger for info.

SPECIAL TOPICS: Taco TuesdayDisneylandMenudo

Friday, March 16, 2007

Taco Mesa - Review #3

Date of Visits: March 1 and 13, 2007

Taco Mesa
647 W 19th St
Costa Mesa, CA 92627
(949) 642-0629

Listing on Yahoo! Local

Listing on Ask.com's Citysearch

Official Site
Yahoo! Maps
Enter starting address:
Address

City, State and/or Zip


Taco Mesa - The Front

Until I can write about Taco Mesa I have a few pictures from my last two trips there:

Taco Mesa - The Side


Taco Mesa - Aguas Frescas


Taco Mesa - Inside


Taco Mesa - Tacos de Cangrejo


Taco Mesa - Torta Maya

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Christian,
I notice that Taco Mesa receives mixed reviews by various bloggers, and especially by Chowhound posters. However, I have always found Taco Mesa to be quite good. I guess it depend on what one is looking for when venturing out for "Mexican" cuisine. It may not be as authentic as other restaurants in some ways, but it definitely beats the "gringo" style mexican joints. I have been to the Costa Mesa, Orange, and Mission Viejo locations, but mostly frequent MV. One problem I have had, however, is that the food is sometimes inconsistent. I can order the same thing on two different visits, and it will be prepared differently. But that's part of the charm in my book. Perhaps that is what is fostering the mixed reviews.

ChristianZ said...

Just yesterday I saw a Yahoo! Local review where somebody was saying that food at Taco Mesa was good but not authentic. Of course, they didn't even say what it takes for Mexican food to be authentic.

JBT said...

I've seen a few mixed reviews at Chowhound as well, and frankly I don't understand them, other than I guess anyone can have a bad day / meal anywhere.

Big Taco Mesa fan here, and have had occasion to go to all four of them on a fairly regular basis (say, at least four times a year) based on work and outside interests. The MV location is the closest to my house, and I've come to know the morning guys behind the counter. They make a wonderful chilaquilles-and-chicken (with egg) for brekfast. If you're so inclined, ask for extra spicey. This has become my all-time favorite mex breakfast...

ChristianZ said...

Thanks for the comment. I still haven't been to the MV location yet. If you can beat me to it I pay $10 per published guest review.

And as far as I'm concerned Chowhound is pathetic.