Follow us on FacebookFollow us on TwitterView our photos on flickr • We pay $10 per published guest review; E-mail Blogger for info.

SPECIAL TOPICS: Taco TuesdayDisneylandMenudo

Saturday, April 25, 2009

Disney's California Food & Wine Festival




I knew Disney's California Food & Wine Festival was coming up soon. They have one every year. But when the website for it went up this year I went to it to see if there would be any facet to it with a Mexican bent but I couldn't find anything. Then yesterday a neighbor of mine who is a cast member at Disneyland left a cast member reference guide for the festival on my doorstep. I rifled through it quickly expecting to confirm that there would be no Mexican food featured this time. But I found out that on Monday, April 27, at 11:00am there is going to be a Mexican cooking demonstration on the Chef's Showcase Stage at Sunshine Plaza. How fortuitous that I was already planning on being at Disneyland that day with a group so expect some pictures, or even try to make it there yourself.
Okay, so I went earlier today and watched the demonstration. Chef Francisco Origel from the Napa Rose restaurant at Disney's Grand Californian Hotel demonstrated how to make halibut ceviche.

DSCF6514


DSCF6495


DSCF6507


DSCF6508

The Festival continues through June 7 and I have found out there will be more Mexican cooking demonstrations.


During the Food & Wine Festival the Cocina Cucamonga restaurant at Disney's California Adventure is featuring two special items, Chicken Tamales and a Dulce de Leche Empanada with Tropical Fruit:

DSCF6558


DSCF6560

UPDATE (May 11, 2009):

Went back today for the Tortilla Jo's cooking demonstration. Chef Torr Kelso showed how to make huitlacoche flan:

DSCF6636


DSCF6642

Remaining Mexican-related cooking demos are:

  • May 20 @ 11am (Tex-Mex)
  • May 24 @ 2:30pm (Celebrate Mexico)
  • June 5 @ 12:30pm (Celebrate Mexico)

2 comments:

Heidi D said...

I'm sure it's wasn't, but that flan looks truly disgusting, in every way. It doesn't even look like food!

I'm enjoying your Disney Mexican food journal by the way. I didn't just come to remark on the flan.

You're the only one with a decent pic of the chimichanga too.

I'm definitely going to fit in one of these restaurants in our next trip.

ChristianZ said...

The flan tasted good but did look unusual.

There's more Disneyland coverage coming...