Follow us on FacebookFollow us on TwitterView our photos on flickr • We pay $10 per published guest review; E-mail Blogger for info.

SPECIAL TOPICS: Taco TuesdayDisneylandMenudo

Monday, July 31, 2006

La Provincia - Review #1

Date of Visit: July 25, 2006

137 W First St Suite A
Tustin, CA 92780

No known official website.


Yahoo! Maps
Enter starting address:
Address

City, State and/or Zip



Appetizer: Chips and Salsa
Entree: Camarones Rancheros
Drink: Horchata Ole
Dessert: Strawberry Cheesecake

La Provincia Exterior

Continuing on my earnest attempt to make it to restaurants that this blog's faithful readers have recommended to me I made it out Tuesday night to La Provincia in Tustin, recommended by Chaz L.

La Provincia Exterior

La Provincia is a nice little take out place in Tustin (just north of Old Towne Tustin). The address given for them here is correct and, as of this writing, their address is not correct in any online listing, such as Yahoo! Local, Ask.com's CitySearch or Google Maps. They have been in their current location for four months. The menu was formulated by owner Alfonso Oregon who (as I was told by his brother) has had twenty years of experience as a chef in Italy. The menu is fairly traditional with a heavy focus on seafood and just a slight nuevo Mex spin. I went the seafood route by ordering some camarones rancheros, which came nicely presented and, oddly enough, with steamed rice rather than Spanish or Mexican rice.

La Provincia Exterior

They were out of flan and arroz con leche, so I got their other dessert: strawberry cheesecake. I doubt it was made on the premises and it's not very Mexican but I'm not complaining.

La Provincia Exterior

Since I got there when they were about to close one of the employees was sweeping up and mopping nearby while I ate. When I finished he said, "I could tell by the way you were eating that you were either really hungry or you really liked the food." I guess the answer is a little of Column A and a little of Column B. La Provincia earns a four Speedy Gonzales rating:

Speedy Gonzales Speedy Gonzales Speedy Gonzales Speedy Gonzales

UPDATE (August 10, 2006): Tenny Tatusian has written about La Provincia on her OC Register Food Frenzy blog.

1 comment:

ChristianZ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.