Follow us on FacebookFollow us on TwitterView our photos on flickr • We pay $10 per published guest review; E-mail Blogger for info.

SPECIAL TOPICS: Taco TuesdayDisneylandMenudo

Friday, April 13, 2007

Laguna Javier's Closed?

I have heard a rumor that the Javier's in Laguna Beach has been closed down. Can anybody confirm or deny this information? I know they were set to close later this year in the summer or fall when they moved to Crystal Cove but apparently they have been shut down even earlier than expected.

IMPORTANT UPDATE (February 11, 2008):

CLICK HERE to read ALL our extensive Javier's Cantina coverage including information on their old location, their location that has just opened, their location that is about to open, and their location at a Mexican resort (includes a couple dozen photos).

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can tell you absolutely, positively that Javier's in Laguna has not closed yet. I walked by yesterday and they were definitely open. Last time I was there(two weeks ago), I was told that they are staying through summer, and plan to move to Crystal Cove sometime after. Hopefully they will be able to extend their time here even longer, as I will really miss them around the corner.

Anonymous said...

they're still there and it's late October....I haven't heard anything about them closing down!

ChristianZ said...

I wonder how the rumor got started. Good to hear it's still open.

Adam Tuliper said...

they are closing, I just called they said they will be there until probably middle of january 2008.
I heard it was some shady thing where the owners of the building were going to open their own mexican restaurant there.

ChristianZ said...

Hmm, so there will be a little bit of an overlap between the time the new one opens and the time the old one closes.

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately the Javiers in Laguna closed. I went there last thursday, 1-3-08 for dinner and it is another Mexican restaurant with a very differnt menu. Determined for my Javier's mexican food fix I went by the new location in Crystal Cove only to discover it is still weeks away from opening.
Rob L.

Anonymous said...

They closed after the first of the year, 2008. I was by there last Thursday and it is now another Mexican restaurant with a very different menu. The Crystal Cove Javier's is not open yet, but looks close to being finished.

Anonymous said...

its closed for sure. went there last night and it was a new mexican restaurant. definately not as good and they did not have it together at all. they asked us how we wanted our chicken prepared. weird. make the drive to the real javiers.

Anonymous said...

My wife and I ate at the new restaurant last Saturday and it was good. Our favorite dish was the Veracruz Shrimp and it was the best shrimp dish I have had in some time.