Follow us on FacebookFollow us on TwitterView our photos on flickr • We pay $10 per published guest review; E-mail Blogger for info.

SPECIAL TOPICS: Taco TuesdayDisneylandMenudo

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Fun With Search Engines

You can find out interesting things by analyzing your site traffic. For instance, somebody from Yum! Brands, the company that "Operates KFC, Pizza Hut, Taco Bell, Long John Silver's, and A&W restaurants worldwide," recently checked out the site here. Having a little nostalgic twinge for A&W I went to their site and perused around and tried to sign up for their e-mail club but I was told I couldn't because I wasn't at least 18. So, even websites think I'm younger than I really am.
Also, most of the searches done by people who find this site are on Yahoo or Google, but every once in a while an older, more obscure search engine is used, such as Alta Vista, Netscape Search, or Excite. I was especially surprised yesterday to see that someone had found the blog here by doing a search on the nearly prehistoric Metacrawler, which appears now to be a clone of Dogpile, which simultaneously serves up results from Yahoo, Google, Ask, and MSN Search.

No comments: